3.25.2008

Eco-friendly Moving Boxes for Spring Cleaning

Everyone has got to do some spring cleaning at least once a year. I am hoping to clear some clutter this summer (I live in the tropics), discard things and keep items that are still dear to me (useful or not). When I do spring cleaning, my choice of storage is and has always been a box. I do have some plastic boxes that hold important matters, but for most of my stuff, those good ol' boxes do.

For all the stuff that I need to dispose of, I plan to use eco-friendly
moving boxes. They're made of recycled materials, so no guilt there. Into these boxes are clothes, tools, books, paper and other craft materials.

For whatever stuff that I plan to send to someplace else via courier, there are also earth-friendly shipping boxes that are low in cost but are durable just the same. I sure could appreciate low-priced boxes because shipping rates sometimes go through the roofs, especially if they're bound for North America or Europe.

I'm also looking into used boxes that can carry items off to the garbage bin. No paper or pulp wasted. Now I just need to set aside some time to start my yearly spring cleaning.

What about you? Have you done some spring cleaning yet?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great article. I have been doing a lot of research on green moving, as I work for an earth-friendly moving supply company, and it is a little sad to see how uncommon it is for moving amd spring cleaning to be mentioned in the green movement.

There as so many easy things that could be done to reduce the evironmental impact of moving and spring cleaning, not to mention to save money.

One of my favorite tips is a garage sale. It reduces the amount of stuff thrown away, it promotes reuse and best of all it earns money! It's a win win win!

I also want to point out how much reuse, and not just recycling, is important. Recycling still needs energy, while reuse doesnt require any. That's where we come in.
UsedCardboardBoxes.com is the cheapest, fastest, and most earth-friendly way to get all of your boxes for moving,packing, shipping and storage.

As we like to say, you don't have to cut down a tree to make a used box! Not only that, but a portion of our proceeds go to planting trees through our partnership with TreePeople.org!

If you are ever in the market for boxes, check us out. An while you are at it, take of 5% with the box buck code "TREES"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...